**To apply, please email your resume and a brief paragraph explaining why you are a fit for this role and why you would like to work for MFOL to [email protected]**
POSITION TITLE: Fundraising Assistant
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Director of Development & Partnerships
DIRECT REPORTS: None
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-Time (20 hours per week)
START DATE: ASAP
END DATE: July 15, 2022
About March for Our Lives
Born out of a tragic school shooting, March For Our Lives (MFOL) is a courageous youth-led movement dedicated to promoting civic engagement, education, and direct action by youth to eliminate the epidemic of gun violence. Our people are motivated by our mission, and we are proud of the contribution that our staff makes to the world. Life at MFOL is centered around work/life integration, valuing inclusion and we prioritize policies that support a regenerative environment. Here at MFOL, we are creating a thoughtful, liberating & healing culture and not ignoring the world around us. We listen, we are allies and we are supported with training, counseling, and coaching.
March For Our Lives Action Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for positions without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status or uniformed service member status.
The Fundraising Assistant is responsible for assisting the Development team in planning, organizing, and maintaining March for Our Lives’ fundraising efforts and external partnerships. The Fundraising Assistant plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development team and participating in all fundraising activities including donor relations, direct fundraising appeals, grant writing and reporting, and special events. This role requires a high level of maturity, enthusiasm for engaging with supporters, willingness to collaborate, and a “can do” attitude.
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and dashboards.
- Enter contributions into fundraising software (EveryAction).
- Manage fundraising expense tracking & documentation in Expensify.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files in database.
- Reconcile donations with outsourced finance team monthly.
- Handle all administrative details associated with development meetings and events (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, follow up notes, etc.).
- Prior development/philanthropic experience, strongly preferred
- An equivalent combination of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform essential functions will be considered
- High degree of professionalism and comfort with representing March For Our Lives to donors and partner organizations
- Experience in the use of EveryAction or similar CRM products
- Adept in use of computer programs including Microsoft Suite; Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Strong command over written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of strong organizational and project management skills
- Good entrepreneurial work ethic and a desire to “get the job done”
This position is remote, with a preference for candidates located in New York City.
March For Our Lives Action Fund is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, young people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.