POSITION TITLE: Deputy Organizing Director, Movement Support
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: National Organizing Director
DIRECT REPORTS: National Training Manager, National Distributed Organizer, Data Director
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt Employee
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
March for Our Lives is hiring for a full-time Deputy Organizing Director, Movement Support to join our National Organizing Team to support MFOL’s National Organizing Team. The Deputy Organizing Director, Movement Support will report to the National Organizing Director and work to both plan and implement programs to build the grassroots organization through MFOL’s chapter network.
This role requires a high level of maturity, developed organizing experience, willingness to collaborate and work odd hours, and a “can do” attitude. Qualified applicants who are 25 years old (Gen-Z) and younger are highly encouraged to apply.
- Manage chapter network infrastructure and operations including but not limited to: chapter and top leader onboarding, chapter communications, material disbursement, etc.
- Manage the National Distributed Organizer and distributed programs with a focus on relational organizing tools including, but not limited to: email campaigns, phonebanking, peer to peer texting, and EveryAction (VAN).
- Assist in planning and implementing nationwide campaigns and major state and regional campaigns and events.
- Conceive, revise and share stories of organizing work, successes and lessons learned within the March for Our Lives network and with current/prospective volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Generate text outreach scripts to contact voters across the country for campaigns ranging from volunteer recruitment to legislative advocacy work.
- Track and report all digital organizing activity, including response vs. attendance rates and costs of program maintenance.
- Assist with national coalition engagement, planning, and organizing program execution.
- Assist in the development and execution of the MFOL OurPower Digital Hubs (virtual campaign office).
- Identify and execute grassroots engagement experimentation, data collection, analyzation, and results-based recommendations.
- Manage the National Training Manager and assist with the national training program
- Develop and lead the organizing team in their region to meet capacity-building and voter activation goals.
- Support and develop organizing staff and volunteer training programs in conjunction with the Organizing Director.
- Work closely with the Organizing Director on reporting needs to ensure data integrity is a key part of the organizing program.
- Manage metrics and goals to achieve strategic imperatives within the campaign.
- Collaborate with other MFOL team members on projects, as needed.
- 2-3 cycles of organizing experience and at least 2 cycles of staff management experience is preferred.
- 1-2 cycles of digital/distributed organizing experience
- Experience in managing large scale digital organizing campaigns using a peer to peer texting program.
- Understanding of fundamental organizing approaches and skills, and the ability to inspire and teach others about organizing.
- Willingness to manage a diverse team with different experiences and perspectives, and a commitment to helping them grow and succeed.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and sound judgment.
- Experience with VAN, Google Drive, Excel, and Word.
This position is based in New York City, with flexibility for the right candidate. March For Our Lives is a national organization, and significant travel will be required.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to our Hiring Manager at [email protected].