REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: National Training Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
WORK SCHEDULE: Part-Time (8-10 hours/week)
SALARY: Stipend of $1,500 for each semester (September – March, April- August)
In 2018, out of tragedy, March For Our Lives (often colloquially referred to as M4OL, MFOL, or simply March) was born. Survivors of the Parkland shooting went on to organize the single largest protest against gun violence in history with a historic march on Washington, D.C., joined by 800 sibling marches around the world. We turned a moment into a movement with 300 local chapters dedicated to eradicating gun violence in all forms.
March For Our Lives is hiring for 7 regional trainers, serving for a full year from September 2021 to August 2022. Trainers will join the organization’s movement support team, developing resources and providing critical educational support to our organizers on the ground. Working with each regional director and a group of state directors, trainers will develop and facilitate trainings, deepen their organizing experience, and advance our mission to end gun violence in all forms.
This position requires no prior experience. Trainers will be mentored by the MFOL staff members and a select group of outside mentors in the pedagogy of community organizing. Survivors of gun violence and Black and Brown organizers are especially encouraged to apply.
- Lead training development and facilitation for your region (comprising usually of 7 states)
- Attend train-the-trainer workshops with the National Training Manager throughout the month of September.
- Attend bi-weekly professional development sessions and ad hoc meetings with other trainers to discuss progress and hone interpersonal skills.
- Work with state directors and your regional director to assess and meet training needs.
- Handle chapter training requests: conducting research, writing materials, and delivering trainings.
- Assist with script development, filming, and basic video editing.
- Collaborate with the other trainers to create an advanced organizing training series to be hosted on powerup.marchforourlives.com.