March For Our Lives Action Fund
Pledge to Vote Scholarship Contest
No purchase necessary to enter or win.
- TO ENTER the March for Our Lives Action Fund (“MFOL”, “Sponsor”) Pledge to Vote Scholarship Contest (“Contest”), eligible people (see Eligibility, below) must submit their Initial Entry (see Initial Entry, below) on the website (marchforourlives.com/scholarships/ptv22). MFOL will not accept or consider entries that are mailed-in. As further detailed below, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Contest Rules and to accept and be bound by the decisions of MFOL, whose decisions are final with respect to all matters of the Contest. Only one Initial Entry per eligible person is permitted. Entries that are incomplete, are submitted late, do not answer all required questions, contain information other than as requested, or otherwise do not comply with these Contest Rules will not be accepted. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means or by any means which subvert the entry process are void. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. MFOL may edit for grammar, modify for style only, and distribute the submitted entries, without any requirement of additional notification to or permission from the entrant. Entries will only be used to further the mission and goals of MFOL. All Contest entries must be submitted by 10/31/2022 at 11:59 PM ET (“Contest Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to anyone who: (1) is at least 16 years of age, (2) is at most 26 years of age, (3) is a legal resident of the United States, living in the U.S. or abroad, (4) has not won an official MFOL Contest or Contest with a cash award in the year of 2022. An eligible minor should have a parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to participate, unless they are legally emancipated. All employees of Sponsor, its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries, board members, contractors, and the immediate families and household members of each, are not eligible to win. By submitting an entry and essay, participant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules. Entry constitutes permission to use Winners’ names and likeness for publicity purposes without further compensation (except where prohibited by law).
- INITIAL ENTRY: Each entry must adhere to the guidelines listed on the submission page and should fully answer each question and all sub-parts. Entrants are only permitted to submit one Initial Entry. Only online submissions will be accepted for the Contest. MFOL reserves the right in its sole administration of the Contest to disqualify any individual it finds or believes to: (i) be tampering with the entry process or the administration of the Contest, (ii) be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or (iii) plagiarizing content in any form. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may disqualify your entry for any reason, including if it determines that your entry fails to conform to these Official Rules in any way or otherwise contains unacceptable content.
- BOOSTER ACTIONS: Upon submitting an Initial Entry, entrants are offered additional opportunities to earn additional entries by completing tasks (“Booster Actions”). There are multiple Booster Actions, each with unique rules, requirements, expectations, and amount of entries earned. Entrants are not required to complete Booster Actions to enter the Contest. Individuals who participate in the contest agree to follow all rules listed on Booster Action submission pages. Individuals who do not submit an Initial Entry but submit Booster Action submissions will not be considered for Awards, and any Booster Action entries earned without matching Initial Entries will be considered void. MFOL will make reasonable efforts to count all Booster Actions and match them to their Initial Entries, but it is the duty of the entrant to ensure they use the same contact information (email address and mobile phone number) as they did on their Initial Entry, every time they submit a Booster Action. Booster Action entries submitted with different contact information from an entrant’s Initial Entry may not be counted. Booster Actions can be found at marchforourlives.com/scholarships/ptv22/boost.
- WINNER DRAWINGS: Potential Winner(s) of the Contest (the “Potential Winner”) will be randomly drawn from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will occur on the last day of each month within the Contest Period (August, September, October). MFOL will conduct the drawing and awarding of the Prize. Once confirmed and verified as eligible to win, a Potential Winner is referred to herein as a “Winner.” The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Entries from people who are not Winners will remain as eligible entries. An Entrant who becomes a Winner is ineligible to receive a subsequent Award during the Contest Period; if a previous Winner’s entry is drawn for an Award within the Contest Period, it will be considered ineligible and void.
- PUBLICITY GRANT AND LICENSE/USE OF ENTRIES: By submitting an entry, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, their parent or legal guardian) waives all moral rights in and to the entry and grants to Sponsor and its licensees, successors, designees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual, unlimited, royalty-free, fully paid-up license to reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit, exploit, perform, edit, create derivatives of, and otherwise use the entry and all elements of such entry, together with any other material, and the name, Social Platform handle, city and state of residence, voice, image and/or likeness of entrant (including, but not limited to, profile photo), in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in any manner, in whole or in part, worldwide, without compensation or notification to, or permission from, entrant or any third party, for any purpose whatsoever, including without limitation, for purposes of advertising or trade. Entrant (and, if aneligible minor, their parent or legal guardian) agrees that, if required by Sponsor, he/she will sign documents to this effect. Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use of entries by third parties. Sponsor has no obligation to make use of the rights granted herein.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: By participating, each entrant (and, if an eligible minor, their parent or legal guardian) agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Social Platforms, and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant’s participation in a Contest or any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered or garbled entries, comments, posts, emails, messages or other communications of any kind; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with a Contest, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of a Contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prize, or in any Contest-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading materials from or use of any website or social platform. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of a Contest, any website or social platform, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of a Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion,select the potential winner(s) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken using the winner determination procedure outlined above or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A CONTEST MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION: Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the State of New York.
- WINNER LIST: If you wish to be sent the name of the winner(s) for the Contest, send a self-addressed stamped envelope, within six (6) months of the end date for the Contest to: Winner List: “PTV 2022 MFOL Scholarship” Scholarship Winner(s), March For Our Lives, PO Box 3417, New York, NY 10008
12. SPONSOR: March For Our Lives Action Fund, PO Box 3417, New York, NY 10008. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any Social Platform or Scholarship Site.